Call for papers on Women, Peace and Security
On behalf of the United States Naval War College, the Chair of the Women, Peace, and Security (WPS) Conference Series is sponsoring a Call for Papers in preparation for the third annual conference to be held in Newport on April 16 – 17, 2015. The conference theme is “Constructive Pathways: Stimulating and Safeguarding Components of Women, Peace, and Security”.
Academics, researchers, military personnel, non-governmental organizations and individuals are invited to submit papers on the following broad themes:
- Department of Defense Operational Aspects of Women, Peace, and Security
- How Different Types of Conflict Impact Minority Populations
- Modern Conflict Zones – Regional Viewpoints
- Efforts in Soft and Hard Power
- Media, Arts, Information and Communication Networks
- Law, Politics and Governance
- Quantative Studies
Proposals should be no more than 200 words and submitted before 1st November 2014. For detailed information on these themes and instructions on submission guidelines please see here.