News Roundup – 18 November 2014
November 18, 2014
Global Terrorism Index 2014 includes the following key facts:-
- 17,958 people were killed in terrorist attacks last year, that’s 61% more than the previous year.
- 82% of all deaths from terrorist attack occur in just 5 countries: Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Nigeria and Syria.
- Last year terrorism was dominated by four groups: the Taliban, Boko Haram, ISIL, and al Qa’ida.
- More than 90% of all terrorist attacks occur in countries that have gross human rights violations.
- 40 times more people are killed by homicides than terrorist attacks