San Remo IHL Roundtable 2016: Weapons and International Rule of War
This year’s San Remo Roundtable on IHL is on the theme of ‘weapons and international rule of law’. The programme has just been published and can be found in English here.
It includes sessions on the following issues:-
– legal reviews of new weapons; processes and procedures
– weapons reviews: current and future challenges?
– a case study: law enforcement by military personnel
– waging contemporary conflicts: use of weapons by non State actors
– the use of explosive weapons in populated areas in armed conflict
– challenges from specific weapons – part I (biological weapons, nuclear weapons and outer space militarization)
– challenges from specific weapons – part II (lethal autonomous weapons, cyber offensive use, unmanned maritime systems)
– the Red Cross and Red Crescent Conference: What next?
*detention: applicable law and best practice
*sexual violence: prevention activities and response to victims’ needs